Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Number 1 in the Accountants Studio Series focusing on Rental Properties. This course looks at Income.
Price: For a single course $75. For the complete set of 4 courses, $250 (Save $50!) (All prices include GST). Bulk discounts are available for firms with multiple trainees.
Whether you are a new trainee or need of refreshing your skills, there is something valuable in this course. It is designed to take between 1-2 hours. However, it is broken up into 7 different sections which should take no more than 20 minutes each - ideal for filling a spare few minutes! The course also contains a short quiz at the conclusion of the course.
Interested in giving this to your staff members? We can create a 'mentor' role so that you can see how your staff go through these courses, their results, and how long it took them. Get in contact with us at email@example.com to get setup (and discounts for multiple users).
1. Income for Rental Properties
This course takes students through all the important aspects of income in relation to Rental Properties. It contains the following units:
- Income Generally - We cover the general income principles contained in tax legislation
- Income specific to Rental Properties - We cover the other forms of income that a staff member may see when preparing a rental property job and how to record these.
- Mate's Rates - We cover mate's rates (lower than market value) and go through some situations where it may be worthwhile using different options for the level of income used.
- Bonds - We cover the receipt of bonds (and how to record them) and also any refunds of bonds (and how to record these).
- What happens when you sell an asset - We touch on Gain and Loss on Sale (we cover more in a separate course focused on assets).
- Boarders and Flatmates - We cover the difference between flatmates and boarders, and when cover the IRD tax exemption for boarders.
- Accrual Accounting and Cash Accounting - We cover when to use each method for Rental Properties.
The course ends with a short quiz to test the trainee the material from these units.
The course uses an easy-to-use interface for navigating within each unit, has glossary pop-ups on words of interest, and links to other websites for extra reading.
If you want to know more about it, head to our websites:
Learn Accounting NZ Ltd
You selected to get the course Accountants Studio Series ... (AS1Income). Please Login or Signup to get it.