Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Number 2 in the Accountants Studio Series focusing on Rental Properties. This course looks at Expenses.
Price: For a single course $75. For the complete set of 4 courses, $250 (Save $50!) (All prices include GST). Bulk discounts are available for firms with multiple trainees.
Whether you are a new trainee or need of refreshing your skills, there is something valuable in this course. It is designed to take between 1-3 hours (depending on previous skill level). However, the course is broken up into smaller segments that should take no more than 20 minutes - ideal for filling a few minutes! The course also contains a short quiz at the conclusion of the course.
Interested in giving this to your staff members? We can create a 'mentor' role so that you can see how your staff go through these courses, their results, and how long it took them. Get in contact with us at email@example.com to get setup (and discounts for multiple users).
2. Expenses for Rental Properties
This course takes students through all the important aspects of expenses in relation to Rental Properties. It contains the following units:
- Expenses & Deductions - We cover the difference between the two words and outline the definition of a deduction in tax legislation.
- How to record expenses - We cover how to record expenses into an accounting software package or calculation worksheet and some common journal entries that are used.
- What isn't allowed - We cover the main limitations found in tax legislation and common areas where an expense may not be allowed as a deduction.
- Expenses specific to Rental Properties - We run through the common expenses that are present when running a rental property
- Specific tax rules - We cover some of the bigger tax rules that relate to some areas of expenses such as:
Home Office Expenses
Motor Vehicle Expenses
Telephone and Internet Costs
- We then cover how to calculate the profit and loss of the rental property and how to evaluate the performance of the property to enable good advice to be given to the client.
The course ends with a short quiz to test the trainee the material from these units.
The course uses an easy-to-use interface for navigating within each unit, has glossary pop-ups on words of interest, and links to other websites for extra reading.
If you want to know more about it, head to our websites:
Learn Accounting NZ Ltd
You selected to get the course Accountants Studio Seri... (AS2-Expenses). Please Login or Signup to get it.